If you are a regular tablet user, you must have come across the name Kindle Fire. So what exactly is a Kindle Fire device?
This is a tablet launched by Amazon in November 2011. If you observe it from a far, you would think of it as being stuck in between a laptop and a smartphone.
Amazon has made it its business to release a new version every summer. Each version comes with its own distinct features.
Features – Described
It has an impressive HD display. To be precise, it is 1280x800HD which makes it possible to view from any angle. The LCD touchscreens are multi-touch.
Aside from the display, the device comes with Dolby audio speakers, which ensure that that there is no sound distortion.
The device also has dual-antenna Wi-Fi which ensures faster web connectivity. It also has dual-band to improve reception. With this feature, you can easily access free Wi-Fi hotspots in various public places.
The Kindle version released in June 2016 has an aluminum cover, an improvement from the earlier versions with plastic exteriors. You may be surprised to know that the aluminum covered phones went for roughly the same price as the plastic version.
Other impressive features include: a HDMI port, voice guide, built-in Bluetooth, text-to-speech, front-facing HD camera and so on.
Now that you know the awesome features of Kindle Fire, you should also know that there are certain conditions you should fulfill in order to use the device.
Analyzing the Conditions
The basic requirement is internet access. You must have realized that the device is mostly used in accessing information online and therefore you must be connected to theinternet.
You will also be required to create an Amazon account through which you would register your device. This is important for security purposes.
Another vital element is that the device has to be accepted in your country. Although its popularity is growing by the day, several countries have placed restrictions on its use.
Last but not least, you will need an active debit or credit card which is registered to your Amazon account. This would enable you conduct online purchases.
Let us now go through the downside of this device.
As you use this device,there are several setbacks you will likely encounter. This article will point out some of these problems as well as possible solutions and ways of going around the problem.
Another post of us. You may read: Best Spy Camera Watch Review – Updated List
Device refuses to start up properly
Several users have complained that when starting up the Kindle Fire tablet, the furthest it gets to is the logo. Restarting the device has proven to be quite ineffective.
- Charge your device for around 15 minutes. While the charger is still plugged in, press and hold the power button for at least 40 seconds. It may just restart and work properly.
- You may need to contact the company, Amazon, for technical support.
- It may get to a point where you will have to restore factory settings.
A certain app crashes on a regular basis
Does your tablet have an app which crashes, freezes or just refuses to load? This problem is more common than you may think.
- The Amazon website has a “help” section which may provide a solution for you.
- Another option is go to settings then select apps and games. You will then click on “Manage all applications” and then locate the troublesome app. Finally, tap “Force stop” before clearing the cache.
- You may need to uninstall the app if the problem persists.
The device does not recognize your MicroSD card
In such a scenario, the information on your MicroSD card becomes inaccessible.
- Try removing the case on your tablet, which might be exerting undue pressure on the card and causing it to malfunction.
- You may have inserted the card wrongly, so turn off the tablet and try inserting the card all over again.
- Another method is ensuring your device is fully charged before performing a forced reset. This is by holding down the power button for about 40 seconds. The device will then conduct an automatic download and install updates.
Tablet gets stuck on a message
At times, the message “optimizing system storage and applications” gets stuck on the screen or it just keeps popping up regularly.
- Charge your tablet for about half an hour using the original cable.
- If the first option does not work, you can force a restart by holding down the power button for about 40 seconds.
- The problem may also originate from the microSD card therefore you should format it after backing up its contents.
It keeps turning off by itself
It is not uncommon to hear Kindle fire users complaining of their devices shutting down on their own.
- The battery may not be fully charged so you may have to do so.
- You should consider changing your charger and observe for any changes.
- The device may be overheating and therefore you should shut it down and give it time to cool. Ensure you have removed the case.
- You may set its screen timeout to “higher” or “never”.
- If these options do not work, consider contacting the developer.
You may love to read: Which Is The Best Optical Drive? Top 5 External & Internal Drives
“Internal Error” message
If you have ever encountered the message “Internal error has occurred” when trying to load an app, you should ensure you have proper network connection.
- Reboot your router several times.
- Ensure that the date and time settings are correct.
- Force a restart by holding down the power button for 40 seconds.
- You may deregister your kindle fire account and going about the registration process all over.
Strange keyboard behavior
At times you may notice your device producing random characters, types incorrectly or even skips pages on its own.
- Ensure your screen protector has no air bubbles and the tablet case is properly fitted.
- Attempt a force restart and observe the changes.
- You may restore you device to factory settings.
Trouble connecting to the PC
You may have trouble moving files between your device and a desktop PC. The device just refuses to show up as a drive.
- Force-restart the tablet and shut the PC off then on again.
- Work around the problem by using an app like Dropbox.
- Change the USB cable you use in the transfer.
- Ensure the tablet is fully charged.
Yellow line around voice descriptions
When navigating around your device and a voice describes your actions, you may have turned on Accessibility mode, which is meant to help disabled people use their Kindle fire device.
- Turn off the voice guide from the settings.
Speakers and headphones not working
You may encounter problems with the sound coming through the speakers or the headphones.
- Try unplugging and then plugging in the headphones again.
- If the jack is faulty, try jiggling it until it produces an audio.
- You may also check the settings. Go to settings and then tap display and sounds.
- If any of the problems facing your Kindle Fire HD persists, you should contact Amazon support for guidance.