Battery cases come in handy in ensuring you get a longer battery life beyond what your phone’s battery can provide. Ideally, the cases are designed to fit over and above your phone, providing you with a power backup solution. But there are a few things you need to know about these cases:
- It’s ideal to go for a small-sized case to avoid adding too much bulk to your phone
- The case should easily detach from your phone when it’s to be recharged
- The case should complement the overall quality of your phone
Is there one case that meets all those requirements? Well, the next few lines are dedicated to assessing that.
Galaxy S9 Battery case Reviews – Comparison Chart
Before we proceed on to the detailed analysis of the different battery cases available, here’s a quick comparison chart for you. This one should give you a rough idea of what to expect from the different models available on retail.
|1||ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S9||6.8 x 3.7 x 1.8 inches||Belt Clip|
|2||Juboty 5200mAh Galaxy S9||7.76 x 5 x 2.09 inches|
|3||Unicorn Beetle Samsung Galaxy S9||6.18 x 3.11 x 0.59 inches||Black|
|4||Elebase Galaxy S9 Battery Case with 4700mAh Power||0.79 x 0.39 x 0.12 inches||Black|
|5||TSmile Case for Galaxy S8 and S9 with 7000mAh||0.39 x 0.39 x 0.04 inches||Black|
|6||LeYi Sparkly Glitter Case||–||–|
1. ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Case
If you’re on the market for something affordable, this case from ZeroLemon might just be all you need. The 5200mAh Li-polymer battery is designed to present you with more than 40 hours of extra charge on low intensive use.
However, if you’re an intensive phone user, the ZeroLemon is designed to provide you with an extra day of power.
Besides power, this case comes with a built-in file transfer power. Indeed, the unit is capable of supporting file transfer from your phone to a computer without the need to remove the case.
That’s quite convenient, especially to the modern-day busy folks.
As far as durability is concerned, the ZeroLemon packs a soft TPU case. This case provides all-around protection for your device against scratches and tears.
- Provides a built-in power indicator
- Provides a 1-year warranty & 30day money back guarantee
- Allows for a simplified transfer of files
- Designed to protect your phone from scratches and tears
- Easy to install
- The case is a bit big and seemingly bulky
2. Juboty 5200mAh Galaxy S9+ Battery Case
Juboty is a popular manufacturer of high-quality Samsung Compatible spare batteries and cases. Their 5200mAh is a testament to the kind of awesome quality they’re commonly associated with.
First off, the battery provides you with a generous 5200mAh additional power. That’s more than enough to provide you with an extra day of power.
What’s more? This tiny case is designed to provide you with more than 500 times worth of power. Its special design, further, provides you with a special charging protection.
Indeed, this goes a long way to provide you with a full-edge protection. That’s sometimes the kind of guarantee you need to be assured of a secure installation.
On the flipside, though, this unit doesn’t support NFC. Fortunately, the manufacturer provides a 2-year warranty to protect your best interest.
- Provides you with a great additional power
- Easy to install
- Built-in protective chip
- Provides full-edge protection
- Easy to synchronize the phone with other devices
- Doesn’t support NFC
- Doesn’t look as sleek as you’d expect
3. Unicorn Beetle Samsung Galaxy S9 Case with Built-In Screen Protection
If you’re looking for something rugged and powerful, this case from Unicorn Beetle might suffice. It’s well-made, featuring TPU/PC protection.
On top of that, it boasts ribbed side grips which keep your phone firm on hand. That’s the kind of assurance one needs when working out there.
- Reasonable priced
- Hardy and rugged design
- Comes with a special screen protector
- It’s a heavy-duty case
- Looks too manly in our opinion
4. Elebase Galaxy S9 Battery Case with 4700mAh Power
Are you looking for a sleek S9 battery case? Well, you probably need to give this one a shot. Why so? Because it’s not only sleek but also protective.
On top of that, it boasts a user-friendly design which makes it extremely easy to fit on top of any S9. Most importantly, it comes with all the necessary slots to ensure your user experience is uninterrupted.
That’s alongside an LED status indicator which alerts you on your phone’s battery consumption habits.
- Smooth, smudge-free design
- Provides a decent grip
- Rigid corners that act as shock absorbers for your device
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
5. TSmile Case for Galaxy S8 and S9 with 7000mAh
This is the case with most power, reviewed so far. Indeed, the TSmile comes with a 7000mAh capacity which is nearly what you need to enjoy a stable charge for up to 3 extra days.
Besides that, it’s slim, lightweight and pretty easy to manage. On top of that, it boasts a fast recharge speed. In fact, it takes less than 3 hours to attain a full charge.
- FCC, RoHS, and CE certified
- Slim and lightweight design
- Easy to use
- Enhances your battery’s connectivity to other devices
- Protected by a 24-month warranty
- Some users have complained that it stopped working after a few months
6. LeYi Sparkly Glitter Case for Samsung Galaxy S9
One complaint we’d like to make about most battery cases is that they look manly and boring. Fortunately, LeYi seems to have figured out a long-lasting solution to this challenge.
No products found.
Their S9 case is available in different colors ranging from Rose Gold to mint, purple and pink. Ideally, this particular case is designed for girls and women.
Lastly, this product is protected by a 1-month time warranty.
- Cute looking
- Protects your phone from shock
- Affordably priced
- Doesn’t have a built-in backup battery
- It’s just a case, nothing more
The Buying Guide
When it comes to buying the best Galaxy S9 Battery case, you’re better of insisting on quality before everything else. You don’t want to end up with a case that threatens your safety.
Likewise, you don’t want to invest in a case that hardly adds any value to your device. Some quick factors to ponder on include.
- A good case provides your phone with an extra 4,000mAh of power (or more)
- It should provide a good grip
- It shouldn’t compromise your phone’s connectivity
Which One Is The Best?
Going by those criteria, our verdict is that the ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Case is the best alternative, overall. It’s well built, firm, sleek and provides a great grip.
Don’t let your S9’s limited battery power limit your life. By simply investing in one of these cases, you can have your phone spring back to life in no time.